Wednesday, March 3, 2010

...just floored

So, got a call tonight...my dad and step-mum have split. He is currently on his way to the Island. I'm still a little in shock, though I'm also not surprised at the same time. Things weren't going well for them, financially, so she called it quits...but 'we'll see when you get your life together and start making money'. I told dad not to get back together with her. I'm biased though, I haven't liked her since...well, before we moved in. Living in that house was like walking on needles all the time.

Dad's gonna work for a bit, save for a boat, then live on that while he continues to work. A friend said 'mid-life crisis'...yeah, maybe, but I like to think he deserves it. He's not going out and buying a fancy new car and finding younger women to 'date', he's finding a place to hopefully be happy. He's moving closer to his own mother, who does have cancer and could die very quickly. I do worry though...he needs quite a bit of medication, and that's costly. His work he'd be doing isn't the best for him...but it's all he's got.

I'm mad and relieved and worried and upset. It means I don't have to call Ingrid 'mum' anymore. I don't have to try to make time to call her or visit. I'll be glad to sever ties with her, not that they were strong in the first place.

I'm worried for dad for financial and emotional well-being though. He does have family close on the Island though, at least. *wry grin* And he's a survivor.

*deep breathe and big sigh* Dear Lord, keep my daddy safe. Provide for him in his hour of need, and let him feel the support of his family and friends around him. Hold him gently in your hands, and guide his steps. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment