Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Still hooked on Teh 'Hawsome' Wheaton

So, been reading Wil Wheaton's blog (from Sept. 2005 on) and just on April 2006 now. I've been reading pretty steadily these last few nights, and it feels good.

I'm _reading_ again. I actually went and finished Tarzan of the Apes last night (which I've been reading off and on for a while now) because I didn't want to stop reading. For those who haven't read the book, DO SO! The only thing Disney got right with theirs, was a fantastic visual interpretation of Mr. Burroughs' telling of how Tarzan travelled through the jungle canopy. Clayton isn't such an ass, he's just got moments of jealousy. Jane isn't quite so bold, though she is American in the book so bold'er' works. Okay, the professor, bang on *laughs*. The ending of the story, however, is nothing like any of the live action or animated versions I've seen. It's not bittersweet, it's just down right sad. I cried.

Back to Wil's blog. It has inspired to me to try to write more in my own blog. I have grand ideas of moving to a bigger, more personalizable site, but I highly doubt that will happen. For now, I am satisfied to be able to write down my thoughts, and maybe add a picture or two. The side gadgets let me post links, so that's nice too. Nothing fancy, but nice. Maybe in the future, I might start writing a few stories out. We'll see ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment